About the conference:
To implement the national program of occupational safety and health policies, to promote its culture, and to achieve its goals, the National Committee of Occupational Safety and Health (NCOSH) has decided to hold the Third National Occupational Safety and Health Conference.
Conference Supporters and Sponsors :
- International Labor Organization (ILO) which concerns with occupational safety and health.
- GIZ Foundation within the project for enhancing the Palestinian National Center of Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental Protection.
- Belgian Cooperation Agency – The Belgian project (BTC ).
- All the governmental and private institutions concerning with occupational safety and health.
- Federation of Chambers of Commerce.
- General Federation of Palestinian Trade Unions.
- The Democracy and Workers’ Rights Center.
Goals and Objectives of the Conference:
- Enhancing networking and cooperation in the exchange of experiences, information and statistics among all the stakeholders concerned with occupational safety and health through the presentation of some papers addressing many issues in this field.
- Promoting the culture of occupational safety and health among all the three production parties.
- Increasing the public awareness of the importance of the occupational safety and health conditions in the workplace.
- Developing recommendations which aim at the development of the policies of the national programs of occupational safety and health in order to improve the system of occupational safety and health in Palestine at the national and premises levels.
- Working on the implementation of the national program of occupational safety and health.
- Encouraging research, learning, and training in occupational safety and health.
- Strengthening the role of the international and local donors to improve the occupational safety and health in Palestine.
- Assessment of the Palestinian reality in occupational safety and health. (the level of application of safety conditions)
- The international labor standards in occupational safety and health and their role in the development of occupational safety and health national legislations.
- The role of partners in implementing the policies of the national program of occupational safety and health in Palestine.
- Documenting and recording of information and statistics in occupational safety and health in Palestine.
- Occupational safety and health management in premises.
- The strategic vision to improve the reality of occupational safety and health.
- Strengthening the legislative frameworks for occupational safety and health in Palestine.
The first day of the conference will be dedicated to the opening session and welcome speeches in addition to the social partners’ presentations of papers specialized in occupational safety and health.
The second day will be devoted to presentation of scientific papers, preparation of recommendations that emanate from the conference discussions, and closing and honoring ceremony.
- The Palestinian Ministry of Labor
- Palestine Polytechnic University
- International Labor Organization
- General Federation of Palestinian Trade Unions
- Palestinian Contractors’ Union
- Palestinian Engineers’ Syndicate
- Palestinian Food Industries Union
- Palestinian Federation of Metallurgical Industries.
- Palestinian Federation of Plastic Industries
- Union of Stone and Marble
The conference will be held this year in the City of Ramallah.